Thứ Sáu, 14 tháng 10, 2011

ME3 Multiplayer Brings up a New Issue

So, we've all heard by now, right? Mass Effect 3 will have multiplayer! (it's okay, I'll wait for you to all calm down)

I think most of us knew this was coming. From the not so coy "oh, we're not commenting at this time on multiplayer" at E3 to the decision to push it back more than a few months from its original release date. Now that it's here, all we have to do is just see where it goes and how it plays out.

But, as I am wont to do, I have decided to get an early jump on the bandwagon to bicker about one possible fault with the multiplayer experience as a whole. I know, you're probably thinking it's the usual "OMG, bad Online Pass is bad!" It's not. I really don't care about it as I don't really play games online and I buy my BioWare games new... well... so far at least. Yes, I'm looking at you, possible Dragon Age 3.

My issue with the multiplayer deals with the, currently understood to be, limitation to playing as a completely different race in the game. If you haven't watched the latest BioWare TV episode where they go over this, please do so now:

http://n4g.com/news/864090/...

Welcome back! Now, did you hear that? When you play with your friends, you'll be able to take control over and play as many of the races you've seen in the game, including classes specific to them.

Wait... one of the biggest desires people have asked for in the single player game... is limited to the multiplayer game? Why?

I mean, I get it, the single player game is Shepard's story and is important. Gotcha. Don't want to ruin that or put a confusing spin on it. Leave that alone and don't touch it. But... why is it multiplayer only for these optional game elements that many have wanted?

It may seem petty asking this, but we're really talking about a series that has been single player up until now. Many of us were thinking that if multiplayer was implemented, it wouldn't matter much as long as it doesn't affect the single player game. And, it doesn't... but it kind of is a slap in the face at the same time by offering something so unique as the opportunity to play as races that require us to play with others in order to experience it.

I'm hoping that they are not limiting the co-op games to just those who are able to find a friend to game with them and that an individual can take the time to do it on their own. I don't think it right that they finally implement a feature that many Mass Effect fans have been asking for since the first game, and then limit it to those who play with others.

Anyway, as always, thanks for reading my rant over the small stuff.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét